Welcome back!

I do hope everyone has had a wonderful break and come back refreshed and ready for our new term.

The boys have been very busy this week and working very hard! This half term we will be learning all about the weather and kicked off our new topic by discussing different types of weather and watched the BBC weather forecast, which the boys thoroughly enjoyed! ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/)

We have also been learning to use the Beebots in our ICT lessons. The boys had a lot of fun moving the Beebot around the ICT suite ( and into each other). It is helping the boys to understand directions and making them aware of other forms of technology around them.

Busy with Beebots!

We have also been having a lot of fun practicing our writing in many different mediums, including flour! Using different textures and materials is a great way to encourage the boys to write and it also benefits their fine and gross motor skills. So the boys get messy and practice their writing skills at the same time, a success all round I would say!

Writing in flour!

This week we have also been learning about adding one more onto a number and also introduced the + and = signs . It would be wonderful if you were able to practice this at home with the boys also , to consolidate their learning.

Once again welcome back and I am very excited for our next term together. Next week we will be focusing more on addition and finding the total, learning a new sound and looking specifically at snow in our weather topic ( maybe we will get some this weekend which would greatly benefit our lessons next week)

I do hope you all have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday.

Miss Colhoun 🙂