Miss Thomas showed the boys how to use a digital camera in ICT this week. They had great fun taking photographs around the Adventure Playground. Below are some of the photographs. Can you spot anyone in them? Do you recognise any of the places?
We have really enjoyed having the caterpillars in the classroom. The boys couldn’t believe how quickly they grew. They soon stopped being small and cute and quickly became fat and hairy!
Last week they made their pupa/ cocoons and we all waited expectantly!
Yesterday, one by one, they emerged as beautiful butterflies. It was all very exciting. Every time we looked in the butterfly house a new butterfly had come out!
This morning I encouraged the boys to spend some time looking at the butterflies as we would be releasing them in the afternoon.
After lunch, we let them fly away! All the boys waved goodbye as the butterflies happily flew away to start their new life.
Homework – Next week we will be talking about how the boys have changed since they were born. Please can they bring in (or email me) a photograph of themselves as a baby. We will try and guess who is who!
Please can the Star Boy bring in a favourite book from tomorrow onwards. Many thanks!
Today we have been talking about ordinal numbers. We have played a lot of games and talked about who came first, second, third etc. We also had a go at putting numbers in the correct order. We played both of these games in class and I told the boys they could continue playing them at home if they logged into the blog!
***Also, could I ask everyone to check you have the right coat. It seems some of the coats got muddled during the trip on Friday and not everyone has the correct coat. Please have a look and let me know if you have the wrong one. No coats were left at the farm. Many thanks for your help!
This week we have started to tell the time. All of the boys became experts at telling the time to “o’clock”. Please do keep testing them at home. You might find the following websites helpful
We have also started to practise joining some letters when we write. Today we had a go at joining “ck” and tomorrow we will look at “ai”.
Some notices for the week
- Please note we will do the spelling test tomorrow as we will be out on the trip on Friday.
- If you are coming to help on the trip please try to come to the briefing meeting tomorrow. It is at 2.50 in my classroom.
- If you are able to help on Friday please do let us know. We have had some cancellations and an extra pair of hands would be really appreciated!
- On Friday the boys should come to school at the normal time dressed in their school uniform. Please remember to send them with a packed lunch in a clearly named bag. School will end at the usual time (However, if you have come on the trip you will be able to take your son straight home when we leave the farm).
- A small amount of spending money is allowed as there is a small gift shop at the farm. Please put the money somewhere safe and clearly named. The adult in charge of your son will look after the money for them.
I look forward to posting some photo’s of the trip soon!