Welcome back! I hope you all had a lovely Easter. Thank to everyone who has emailed me photographs for the Easter Challenge. If you haven’t been able to do this yet there is still time so please don’t worry!
Our new topic is “Living Things”. We will concentrate on growing plants this half term and then after the May holiday we will focus on animals (including humans!).
Over the next couple of weeks the boys will be watching a bean seed germinate in a jar in the classroom. They will have the chance to plant their own seed in a pot which they will then be able to take home to plant in the garden.
We introduced the term “estimate” in maths and the boys all enjoyed making “sensible guesses” about quantities of objects. Will will also spend some time measuring (height and width) and weighing over this half term.
I will post some photographs of the some of the activities soon!
There are just a few things I wanted to let you know before we break up for the Easter holiday.
- School finishes on Thursday 3rd April at 12.00.
- All the boys will have two sheets in their book bag. The first (green sheet) is an Easter Challenge sheet with some tasks to complete before they return to school. It would be great if you could help your son to complete the challenges as they will need them for the start of the new term. The second (pale yellow sheet) has some practical activity ideas that will reinforce what we have been doing at school.
- Please do continue to use the previous Purple Mash activities and there are some new Easter activities on there that are worth a look. The Paint an Easter Egg should be lots of fun!
- Hopefully you should all now be able to access your up to date Learning Journal through School Base. Please have a look and let me know if there are any problems.
- If you would like to make play dough at any point in the term please do so, there is no need to let me know! The boys love playing with it and they especially love playing with the play dough they have made, they are very proud! It is lots of fun, really easy and a great opportunity to count and weigh. There are some recipe websites below
I hope you all have a lovely Easter holiday and I look forward to seeing you again on Thursday 24th April!